ACUPUNCTURE IN CANCER CARE
Are you suffering from:
- post operative pain
cancer related pain chemotherapy
– induced leukopenia ostchemotherapy fatigue
- quality of life
Acupuncture often is used as a complementary method along with usual care to provide additional pain reduction, as well as to lessen the need for pharmaceutical analgesic medicine.
Several other randomized controlled clinical trials have suggested that acupuncture can be used for the following conditions to manage pain among cancer patients:
1) chronic constant neuropathic pain in post- cancer therapies
2) post-thoracotomy pain in patients with operable non-small cell lung carcinoma
3) other post-operative pain in patients with breast cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, and ovarian cancer
ACUPUNCTURE IN FERTILITY CARE
Are you suffering from:
- repeated pregnancy loss
- unexplained (idiopathic) infertility
- unsuccessful IVF
- thyroid disorders
- luteal phase defect
- hyperprolactinemia endometriosis
- pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- elevated follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)
- annovulatory cycles
Acupuncture can treat most types of fertility disorders by releasing blocked qi (chee) in the body and stimulate function, evoking the body’s natural healing response.
Typically most miscarriages occur within the first 3 months of pregnancy. Consequently, treatment of patients may often last through week twelve to help prevent miscarriage.
There are minimal risks in using acupuncture for fertility treatment. Acupuncture is generally safe regardless of a person’s medical history.
In a study by Stener-Victorin et al from the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology Fertility Centre, Scandinavia and University of Gothenburg, women are encouraged to receive acupuncture treatments pre and post embryo transfer
Clinical observations from the Berkley Center for Reproductive Wellness suggest that the most effective fertility treatments involve a combination of acupuncture, herbal medicine, and traditional medicine.
Research studies, performed throughout the world, have proven the effectiveness of acupuncture for a variety of conditions. Targeting pain, acupuncture is an excellent alternative for individuals who cannot use more common forms of pain management. A specialized agency concerned with international public health, the World Health Organization (WHO) lists a number of conditions that can be improved through the use of acupuncture.
- dental pain
- facial pain
- morning sickness
- rheumatoid arthritis
- tennis elbow
- gastric conditions, including peptic ulcer
- high and low blood pressure
- chemotherapy-induced nausea
- painful periods
- allergic rhinitis
- reducing the risk of stroke
- inducing labor