Chiropractic Adjustments For Adults From Dr. Alex Casey & Birmingham Health
What Is a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractors are the only health professional specially trained to examine you for the presence of vertebral and extremity subluxations and correction of the subluxated areas.
If a subluxation is detected, we will use safe and effective chiropractic adjustments to restore proper movement to the spine and extremities. This is done by applying a gentle thrust with hands of the doctor or by an instrument in the proper line of correction.
How Does a Chiropractic Adjustment Work For Adults?
Spinal and extremity dysfunction has become a common consequence of our modern lifestyle habits and it left unchecked, it is likely that subluxations will reappear. The good news is that regular checkups with your doctor of chiropractic will allow your spine and extremities to function at its best, by removing nerve interference, correcting subluxations before the body continues to breakdown and become further damaged or arthritic.
What Happens When I Have a Subluxation?
- Spinal misalignment
- The normal joint alignment, movement and function are altered, although contact still remains between joint surfaces
- Nerve dysfunction
- Since your nervous system passes directly through your spine, subluxations will cause nerve irritation, sometimes resulting in obvious nerve pain and symptoms, but often times placing silent stress on your nerves affecting the proper communication between your brain and the rest of your body.
- Soft tissue dysfunction
- Swelling and inflammation can occur. Surrounding soft tissue such as discs, ligaments, and tendons can be damaged.
- Muscle dysfunction
- Surrounding muscles can become tight, out of balance, sensitive or may even spasm.
- Other general health issues
- Left unattended, subluxations can lead to long term changes such as premature wear and tear in your spine (spinal degeneration), general lack of energy, compromised immune system function, compromised respiratory function and compromised organ function.
- Improves wellness
- Improves nerve function
- Improves health conditions
- Improves range of motion
- Relieves stress
- Improves posture
- Improves mood
- Improves sleep
- Improves wellness
801 Shades Crest Rd Unit B,
Birmingham, AL 35226